New Inbox notification types, bounce dock icon during incoming calls, and more
We wanted to give a quick update of some recent improvements to Close.
Mostly we've been making a bunch of improvements to Inbox, which we announced in opt-in beta a few weeks ago and we're now slowly enabling for all organizations over the coming days and weeks. If you don't have Inbox yet but want it turned on even sooner, just let us know.
A few specific improvements to announce:
- Real-time indicator/count of Inbox items: regardless of which page you're on in Close, there's now a badge in the left navigation that shows you how many Inbox items you have.
- Mac desktop app: the dock icon now bounces to get your attention if you're getting an incoming call and the window isn't already focused. No more accidentally missing calls if your ring volume is muted.
- Opportunity reminders: for Inbox users, you'll see an item in your Inbox on the day that an active opportunitiy is scheduled to close. From there you can easily followup with that lead, or "snooze" it to bump back the estimated close date of the opportunity. Screenshot below.
- Answered calls from unknown numbers: When you accept a call from a number not attached to a lead already, you have a chance to attach that number to a lead while you're on a call. But sometimes you may not have a chance to (especially if that call was forwarded to your cell phone). Previously there was no real way to find these answered but detached calls within Close. Now there is! We create an Inbox item, also pictured in the screenshot below, that allows you to create a lead from this number or a reminder to add this number to an existing lead.
- Read-only view of coworker's Inbox: We introduced a limitation so that when looking at a coworker's Inbox view, you can't modify things.
- Status changes: To keep your lead's activity timeline as clean as possible, we collapse/combine multiple status changes into a single one if they happen in quick succession, to avoid seeing accidental changes in your stream. Previously we would combine status changes from different users if they happened soon after each other. Now, we no longer combine status changes from different users, to keep a better historical record.
New notification types: