Product update: Schedule your emails to be sent later
We’re happy to announce that a much requested feature is now available to all Close users. Write your sales emails whenever you want, and schedule them to arrive in your prospect’s inbox at just the right time. With just a few mouse-clicks, you can pick the exact date and time when the email should be sent out.
How to send an email later
When writing an email, you can schedule it to be sent at a later time by clicking on the button labeled “Send Later".
This will open a menu in which you can select the time and date for the email to be sent. By default, it's set to the last time and date you've chosen. This allows you to work through a list of leads faster and schedule a series of emails with just an extra click.
Clicking the button labeled “Schedule” will schedule your email to be sent.
We’ve set a few 1-click options to schedule your email at 9 a.m., 11 a.m. or 4 p.m. of your local time today, tomorrow or 2 days from today. We’ve seen that this covers the most common use-cases for emails to be scheduled later.
You can also specify any date and time in the future by entering it directly into the date and time field.
How to edit a scheduled email
Once an email is scheduled to be sent later, it will show up in your Leads page with the label “Scheduled”.
If you want to edit, reschedule or unschedule an email, just click the button labeled “Unschedule”. You can now edit your email, re-schedule it for another time, send it right now, discard it or keep it as a normal email draft.
Just like with any regular email in Close, you’ll be able to track who opened which email how many times, and when they last opened it.
Schedule emails programmatically via the API
You can also schedule emails to be sent later via our API. Full API access is included in your current Close subscription, whether you’re on the Basic, Pro, or Business plan.
How can your sales team benefit from scheduling emails?
Here are five common use-cases for this feature:
- You are writing an email on the weekend, but suspect that the recipient is more likely to respond on Monday mornings. You can now schedule the email to be delivered at that time.
- You might find that Thursdays are the best day of the week for cold email outreach in your industry. Schedule your prospecting emails for that day to improve response rates. You can generate effective cold emails effortlessly with our AI-powered cold email generator tool.
- A specific prospect might email you back faster when he gets an email from you in the late afternoon.
- You’re selling to a prospect in a different time zone and want them to receive your email during their morning hours.
- During a call with a prospect, she informs you that her company will attend an industry event three weeks from now. She wants to continue the conversation once that has taken place. After the call, you send a short follow-up email with a quick recap of your conversation and next steps, and end by telling her that you’ll get in touch after the event. You then write up the next email while the conversation is still fresh on your mind and schedule it.
Let us know how you’re going to use the “Send Later” feature in the comments.
We’re working hard on some exciting new feature releases that are coming up in Q4 and will help you communicate with prospects in even more powerful ways. Stay tuned.
Not a customer yet? Sign up today and enjoy a free 14-day trial. No credit card required.