7 Best PhoneBurner Alternatives for High-Volume Sales Teams
As a sales rep, you understand the inefficiencies that come with cold calling.
Constantly looking for the next number to dial, tracking each call’s outcome, scheduling follow-ups, and scribbling notes until your hand cramps—it all gets a bit, well… cumbersome.
Thankfully, technology has revolutionized the way we tackle this challenge.
It's not just about dialing numbers anymore; it's about strategy, it's about efficiency, it's about using tools that not only make your job easier but also make you better at what you do.
And one of those tools is sales dialer software, like PhoneBurner.
PhoneBurner isn’t the right option for everyone. Taking a peek at customer reviews on sites like G2 and Capterra highlights some issues–like missing features and problems with customer service. This is not to say everyone hates PhoneBurner (there are plenty of 5-star reviews, too!), but it might not be the right fit for you.
Luckily, PhoneBurner isn’t the only option out there. There are many PhoneBurner alternatives, each one shaped to fit different business needs.
In this guide, I aim to help you decide whether PhoneBurner or a PhoneBurner alternative is the better option for your sales team. Because the right tool can make a world of difference to your outcomes.
By the way, if you want to enhance your team's collaboration, explore our article on the benefits of a CRM.
What Is PhoneBurner?
PhoneBurner is a power dialer and mini CRM solution purpose-built for sales teams.
If you've got a list of numbers to dial and you need to dial them fast, PhoneBurner can make that happen.
Imagine you’re a busy salesperson with hundreds of calls to make. With PhoneBurner, you're not just manually dialing each phone number, waiting for someone to pick up, leaving voicemails, or getting tied up in repetitive tasks.
Instead, you're using a system that automatically dials numbers for you, leaves pre-recorded messages when necessary, and instantly moves you onto the next call the moment one ends.
It’s primarily used by SMBs to help salespeople handle mundane tasks, freeing them up to focus on what really matters: building relationships, closing deals, and driving revenue.
Pros and Cons of Using PhoneBurner
Like any tool, PhoneBurner comes with pros and cons. So, let’s start with the good stuff.
- Efficient: PhoneBurner saves time by automating the dialing process, eliminating the usual pauses between calls.
- Voicemail drop: You can leave pre-recorded voicemails, saving time on leaving the same message repeatedly.
- CRM integration: PhoneBurner can integrate with many popular CRM software solutions, which can streamline your sales process.
- Call recording: The software can record calls for training and quality control purposes.
Now, PhoneBurner also has a few cons that are worth considering.
- Pricing: PhoneBurner is more expensive compared to other dialer software options.
- No predictive dialing: PhoneBurner has no predictive dialing feature, which assists sales reps in dialing multiple numbers at once—connecting answered calls to available agents.
- Lack of advanced CRM features: While PhoneBurner does offer a CRM solution, its capabilities are very limited.
As a sales leader, it’s crucial to understand the pros and cons of a tool before taking the leap and integrating it into your sales process.
Remember, a tool is only as effective as how well it aligns with your process and goals.
Why You May Need a PhoneBurner Alternative
At this point, you might be asking yourself, "Why would I need a PhoneBurner alternative?"
There are a couple of key reasons you might want to explore your options.
Firstly, scalability and repeatability are vital for any growing sales team. You need a solution that can grow with you and can be adapted to your team's evolving needs.
Sure, a mini CRM or CRM integration might work at first, but as your team grows and your operations become more complex, you might find yourself needing a more robust, feature-rich CRM system to pair with your power dialer.
Secondly, there's the critical issue of compliance. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has regulations on the use of automated calls, and it's crucial to ensure that whatever system you use is in line with these regulations.
Not all auto dialers are created equal in this respect, so you must choose one that keeps you on the right side of the law.
7 Best PhoneBurner Alternatives for High-Volume Sales Teams
PhoneBurner is a great tool used by many sales teams around the globe. But, let's face it: it may not always be the perfect fit for every team and every situation. So, with that in mind, let's dive into some of the best alternatives to PhoneBurner.
Best for: High-volume sales teams who need a fully integrated CRM and dialer solution.
Close is the CRM for salespeople by salespeople. But it's not just a CRM; it's a comprehensive platform that includes powerful automated dialing functionality, robust communication features, and detailed reporting.
Close is the ideal solution for teams that want their phone system and CRM integrated, allowing for a seamless data flow between the two. When you make a call with Close, your CRM automatically updates your call logs.
Not only that, but Close also offers a mobile app. No more taking notes on your calls and then transferring them manually to your CRM. With the app, you can manage communication on the go. Plus, with structured data logging all in one place, you can easily track and analyze your sales activities.
Having a dialer system is one thing, but without a powerful and flexible CRM to scale with your growing sales team, you're only solving half the problem. That’s where Close shines.
- A fully integrated CRM and dialer solution: No more switching between platforms or managing API integrations.
- Power and predictive dialers: Increase productivity by automatically dialing through a list or dialing multiple numbers at once.
- Mobile app: Manage prospects from anywhere, any time.
- Automatic call logging: Never miss a piece of critical information.
- Close is a comprehensive tool: It might be more than a very small team needs.
- Three-user minimum: Close’s Startup and Professional plans include a minimum of three users, which can add to the cost for teams smaller than three.
Best for: Teams that require a standalone dialer with advanced call routing capabilities.
AirCall is a cloud-based call center software system designed for support and sales teams.
For support or contact centers, AirCall offers features like toll-free numbers and advanced call routing.
For sales teams, AirCall provides power dialer functionality, can transcript calls, and can forward-to-phone when you’re out of the office.
But its biggest downside? It doesn't come with a built-in CRM. This means you'll need to integrate it with a separate CRM system. It might not be an issue if you already have a CRM you love, but for teams looking for an all-in-one solution, this could be a deal-breaker.
- Advanced call routing: Make sure every call goes to the right person.
- Detailed call analytics: Understand your call performance better.
- Power dialer feature: Call through a list of numbers automatically.
- No built-in CRM: You'll need to integrate with another CRM system.
- Poor call quality: Some users have reported experiencing subpar call quality at times.
Best for: International teams who need local numbers in various countries.
CloudTalk helps bring your business to the local level, no matter where in the world you are.
This feature can be a big plus if you want to provide a local call experience for your customers in different countries.
This system isn't just for sales teams, though. Sure it provides features like a power dialer and call recording but it also offers a wide variety of contact center solutions that probably aren’t relevant to you if you’re a high-volume sales team.
That being said, if you have an international team and want to provide them with local numbers to call from, CloudTalk makes that easy to do. Just be aware that, like AirCall, CloudTalk also doesn’t offer a native CRM meaning you’ll need to integrate with your existing CRM system.
- International numbers: Improve your customer experience by offering local numbers for your customers to call.
- Industry agnostic: Solutions for e-commerce, IT, healthcare, and more.
- CRM integration required: You won’t have access to a native CRM so you’ll need to implement one of their integrations.
- Limited sales-related features: Besides a power dialer and some simple sales reporting features, there aren’t many features targeted toward outreach and improving sales calls.
Best for: Teams that have an existing CRM but want to add advanced sales calling features
Kixie is an advanced dialing system that improves outbound call efficiency thanks to its auto-dialer as well as inbound call flexibility with intelligent call routing. Kixie also enables sales teams to automate SMS and email outreach based on call outcomes.
Like Close, Kixie’s main focus is empowering sales teams with better tools. It comes with a suite of features including a power dialer to call up to 10 numbers at once, AI-powered local area codes, live coaching tools, and more.
Kixie also doesn't want to replace your CRM; instead, it aims to amplify it. They have a full list of CRM integrations, yes, with Close being one of them.
If your team is deeply invested in a specific CRM system and you don't want to rock the boat, Kixie could be the answer. You retain your CRM, and Kixie steps in as your dialer, enhancing your sales process without disrupting your operations.
- Wide range of CRM integration options: Kixie works with the majority of CRM solutions.
- Additional features: Kixie offers sales engagement tools that other alternatives don’t. Things like a Chrome extension to call any number on a page, live call coaching, local area codes, and more.
- No native CRM: Like many other PhoneBurner alternatives, Kixie does not offer a native CRM.
- Quarterly or annual billing: There is no option for monthly billing.
Best for: Teams that need AI-powered guidance
Pricing: Contact for pricing
Revenue.io (formerly RingDNA) is a comprehensive sales engagement platform, equipped with a power dialer and a host of other features designed to bolster your sales performance.
What sets Revenue.io apart is its intelligent use of artificial intelligence (AI). It leverages the power of AI to analyze your sales process and provide deep insights that can help you optimize your approach and reduce inefficiencies.
However, two major downsides are that they don’t disclose their pricing and they offer a lack of CRM integrations.
- AI-driven insights: Use the power of AI to understand your sales process better.
- Comprehensive sales engagement features: More than just a dialer, Revenue.io is a complete sales engagement platform.
- Gated pricing: The comprehensive features likely come with a higher price tag. To find out you’ll need to contact one of their salespeople.
- Lack of CRM options: Revenue.io’s main CRM integration choice is Salesforce. Therefore, if you aren’t using Salesforce you won’t be able to properly integrate with your existing CRM.
Best for: Larger organizations needing an enterprise solution
Pricing: Contact for pricing
RingCentral offers a plethora of features and solutions for a variety of industries. Things like Interactive Voice Response (IVR), VoIP, a callback feature, caller ID services, video solutions, and even AI-powered sales intelligence.
Now, in terms of a dialer system, RingCentral provides preview, predictive, and proactive dialers. For sales teams, you can also take advantage of their script builder features, run real-time reports to improve performance, and automate mundane tasks via AI.
However, like Revenue.io, RingCentral’s pricing isn’t transparent nor do they offer a CRM solution.
- Wide range of features: From video conferencing to conversational intelligence.
- Many use cases: Various industries use RingCentral for their communication needs.
- Strong track record: Trusted by 400k+ customers.
- Pricing isn’t transparent: You’ll need to talk to a sales rep to get an idea of how much it will cost.
- Can be complex for small teams: If you're a small team, you might find RingCentral's range of features and dashboard overwhelming.
Best for: Teams seeking a simple solution with quality customer service
Ring.io is designed to fit into your existing workflow, making it an attractive option for teams that want a dialer that doesn't come with a steep learning curve.
That being said, they currently only integrate with a handful of CRM platforms including: Salesforce, HubSpot, Zoho, Pipedrive, and Zendesk.
Ring.io offers a few core features such as: a power dialer, voicemail drop, automatic call distribution, unlimited call recording, and more.
If you're seeking a simple solution that you can set up quickly, Ring.io may be the answer. However, their pricing is based on which CRM you use and is more expensive than other alternatives in this list.
- Simple in nature: Ring.io is designed for simplicity and for getting set up fast.
- US-based support: Ring.io was named Best Customer Support by Software Advice in 2022
- Limited CRM integrations: Ring.io offers fewer CRM integrations compared to some of the other dialers on this list.
- Pricing: More expensive than some of its competitors on a per-user basis for the features you get.
How to Choose the Right PhoneBurner Alternative
So, you've got a range of alternatives to consider. But how do you choose the right one?
It depends on a few key factors.
First and foremost, you need to take a good, hard look at your company. How big is it? Are we talking about a small startup or a global conglomerate?
Your organization's size plays a significant role in determining which sales dialer system will work best.
Larger companies might need more robust features, while smaller ones may require only the basics.
Next, your budget. It's fantastic to want the moon, but can you afford it?
Budget often dictates the alternatives you can consider. You need a solution that delivers on features but doesn't stretch you too thin.
If you can find an alternative that does the job of multiple solutions at a cheaper price—all the better!
Sales Team Needs
Let's move on to your needs. What do you really need for your inside sales team? Is it just the ability to power dial numbers? Or do you need an omnichannel CRM built for SaaS with features like call tracking, lead management, and comprehensive reporting capabilities?
Maybe you need to dial international numbers regularly or require advanced call routing options.
Whatever it is, make sure you have a clear understanding of your specific needs before you start shopping around.
Lastly, don't forget the legal side of things. FTC regulations are not something you want to tangle with.
Whichever system you opt for, ensure it keeps you compliant and on the right side of the law. It might seem like a minor detail now, but non-compliance can cause you a world of pain down the line.
Experience the Power of an Integrated CRM and Dialer
Choosing the right PhoneBurner alternative is more than just a technical decision—it's a strategic one. The right dialer can help your sales team operate more efficiently, connect with more leads, and close more deals.
Integrating with other solutions is great when everything works but when it doesn't, you can find yourself stuck in a nightmare of troubleshooting and downtime.
Close brings the most important tools your sales team needs into one unified platform. No more messing around with different systems or dealing with unexpected compatibility issues. With Close, everything works together from the get-go.