Rebecca Kacaba, Dealmaker CEO & Co-Founder: Corporate M&A Lawyer to Software Founder
Episode #17: Close Women in Sales Series
Rebecca Kacaba is the CEO and Co-Founder of DealMaker. She was previously a Partner at Dentons LLP, a Partner at Aird & Berlis LLP, and a Secondee at the Ontario Securities Commission. Rebecca earned her LLB at the University of Windsor and a Bachelor’s in Psychology at Western University.
- Rebecca got her inspiration to study psychology and practice law from her family
- When hiring, Rebecca looks for people with cold-calling experience
- Rebecca's father was an OG side hustle entrepreneur while running his own legal practice
- Rebecca and her co-founder, Mat Goldstein, on their experiences working together at a law firm and how they started a startup business practice there at the time
- How Rebecca uses self-awareness to manage stressful situations